I’m working on a project that requires large XML documents and complex XPath queries. When I looked around online, I couldn’t find any decent .NET oriented XPath test utilities. And so, I wrote this.
XPathTest.exe is a command line utility lets you do the following:
- Load XML Documents
- Move the ‘current’ node to the first match of an XPath query
- Display the results of an XPath query
- Add custom XML namespace prefixes (although the namespaces from the document are extracted automatically)
It’s not perfect and it’s only a few hours work, but I find it useful. I’ll try to put the source code up as soon as I can.